- This event has passed.
Take a Kid Fishing Day
June 2, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Walmart’s 17th Annual “Take a Kid Fishing Day!”
This is a FREE event, sponsored by:
Brimfield, Kent, Stow, Streetsboro and Tallmadge Walmart’s Sporting Goods Departments
Kent, Ravenna and Streetsboro Parks and Recreation Departments
Portage County Churches
Take your kid fishing on this special day! Enjoy a free hot dog lunch provided for the family, door prizes and fishing equipment giveaways for the children.
Registration begins May 1st.
Register the following ways:
Visit us at our Kent Park & Rec Office – 497 Middlebury Rd
Call a participating Parks and Rec Department:
Kent (330) 673-8897
Ravenna (330) 296-2864
Streetsboro (330) 626-3802
Online at this link: https://
Print and sign the waiver at:
To All Take-A-Kid Fishing Day Participants:
– Each child must be registered with Kent, Ravenna or Streetsboro Parks and Recreation.
– Each child must be accompanied by an adult. The event is for children 16 and under and their families.
– Check-in will begin at 7:00 a.m. Bring your completed waiver with you to the event.
– Upon arriving at Lake Hodgson, you are to check in, turn in your waiver form, pick up your door prize and then go catch some fish!
– Lake Hodgson is a private lake owned by the city of Ravenna. Adults and children do not need a fishing license.
– The event is Rain or Shine.
– Each participant must bring his or her own bait and tackle. We recommend maggots, night crawlers, red worms or minnows.
People experienced with fishing will be volunteering to assist throughout the area. If you have any questions about fishing feel free to ask one of them.
There will be prizes for the BIGGEST fish and the SMALLEST for each age group so have them measure your fish at the check in area.
We will have a fish cleaning / cooking station where you can have your catch filleted and fried so you can enjoy eating your fish right away! If you plan to have your fish cleaned, please bring a bucket to keep your fish in while you are fishing.
Kent Parks and Recreation