A Story Walk is a fun activity where children and families can follow a map through downtown Kent, reading a story in the business windows along the way. It’s a fun, educational activity promoting literacy, physical activity, and community — a unique way to combine learning with a family activity!
“The Hallo-Wiener,” by Cleveland-born author, Dav Pilkey
What to Do
1. Pick up a map at Red Letter Days, 144 E. Main St., or download it here (coming soon).
2. Follow the route, reading the story along the way. (Stop in for treats, warm beverages and do some shopping!)
3. Each business will have a window display with part of the story, and directions to the next pages.
4. At the end of the story, sign the guest book here!
5. Main Street Kent will make a donation to the Rough Riders Read program for every guest who signs the book!
Have fun — dress up, act out the story, take pictures, be silly, and enjoy your family time! Be sure to use #StoryWalkKent when posting on social media.